No Nut today but I do have a Submission Call for you. Yippee!
Here you go and good luck!
**** permission to forward ****
As I stood blurry-eyed in my kitchen this morning, staring at the space on my counter where my coffeemaker used to live, and wondering why, exactly, I’d given up caffeine, I had an epiphany. Now, it wasn’t the type of revelation that would resolve any lingering questions regarding the existence of alien life; I save those thoughts for after lunch. No, what struck me like a sharp corner to the funny bone was the fact I haven’t put out a single submission call this summer. With all the changes at Lyrical Press after we joined Kensington, I’ve been wrapped up in current projects and making the transition as smooth as possible for my authors. Now it’s time for me to put on my conductor’s hat and call, “All aboard the Submission Train!”
Oh, right. That’s why I gave up caffeine. I’m weird enough without stimulants.
Regardless, I’m looking to expand my author list and acquire some great stories. The recently announced merger between Lyrical Press and eKensington means that we’ll be accepting non-romantic fiction as well as romance. In keeping with this change, I’d love to see some women’s fiction stories or cozy mysteries. But my true love will always be romance, and right now I’m looking for contemporary romance, historical romance (especially if it is set in unique time periods or locations), erotic romance (Hot, Hot, Hot), sports romance with strong female athletes, and romantic suspense with no paranormal element.
· Manuscripts should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· I prefer stories that are between 40,000 and 100,000 words.
· Characters must be well-developed, their motivations clear and their actions must move the story forward.
· Choose your point of view (i.e. first-person, third-person) but ensure that, whichever you choose, you write your characters from a truly deep viewpoint.
· Your work should be as clean and polished as you can make it.
· All works must be complete and submitted with a query letter and synopsis.
· Agents are encouraged to contact me with either completed projects or proposals.
· Please note: Lyrical Press is no longer open to previously published works. This includes self-published work.
If you have any of these stories finished, polished, and ready for consideration, please send them my way!
All my best,